|Posted on March 4, 2014 at 10:10 AM|
Hey everyone! It has been a little while since I last posted.
Sorry about that, I have been so busy doing a lot of stuff...
Anyway, this post is all about honey. I have been doing a lot of research on honey. I knew that honey (all-natural raw honey, that is ) is really good for you, but I didn't know just how good it really is!
The reason to use raw honey is because it hasn't been pasteurized, heated or processed in any way and contains many valuable benefits.
Raw honey is full of minerals, vitamins, enzymes, and powerful antioxidants.
Here are some benifits of raw honey:
- Raw honey has anti-viral, anti-bacterial, and anti-fungal properties.
- It is an excellent remedy for skin wounds and all types of infections.
- Raw honey is also an expectorant (meaning that it helps loosen mucus or phlegm when you're sick) and anti-inflammatory.
-The topical use of honey may reduce swelling and scarring when used to treat wounds (like those nasty pimples...).
Now you know some of the many benefits of raw honey. I found an interesting ways to use honey for your body.
I found out that you can use it as a facial mask! Who would've thought?!
I deceided to wash my face with honey for at least two weeks. So far it has been at least a week and half and so far I have been really pleased with the results.
When I first started washing my face with honey, my face felt dry and I had some pimples (sorry, gross, I know!) . But now, my face feels so soft and has cleared up.
So, the honey has healed my face. It is basically an all-natural band-aid.
Now, I want to share this with all you all.
These are the steps:
- Wash your face with warm water. (I like using hot water, I think it opens the pores, but that may just be me.)
- Next, put a little bit (about 1 teaspoon) of honey on your hands and rub it together. If your hands are wet, it won't stick too much.
- Rub the honey all over your face. Don't forget your jaw and neck!
- Let it set on your face for a few minutes. You want your skin to soak up the sticky stuff!
- Rinse your face with warm water or a wet wash cloth.
The reason honey works so well on your face, is because it sticks to any dead skin or pimples and when you wash it off, it takes the yucky stuff with it.
So now here is the challenge:
- Wash your face with honey for at least 2 weeks.
- Write back and let me know how it worked for you.
That is all there is to it! Feel free to use the picture for your own blog or simply leave a comment.
Have you ever washed your face with honey? How did you like it?